Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 21, 2014

Day 12:

Is there really a normal? 
No there isn't. 
I love all the different, fun people I have met. Especially when I go downtown or out with friends. 
I have honestly met some of the most interesting people here. Before I moved here, I had never met a gay person. I had never seen a drag queen let alone talk to one. The first time I ever went downtown I went and saw the drag show at Martha's it was truly so much fun. 
Or for instance the goth kids they aren't normal but they are occasionally interesting. 
We all perceive normal as a typical family with a dog, a nice house, living in the suburbs. But in all reality there is no normal.
We are all just our own set of normal. We are who we are. Some can choose to accept that and others cannot. For the ones who can't I say "i don't care what you think". Personally after being picked on for so many years, I am who I am. I am not the cutest, skinniest, or any of that. But I am me, and you can either accept me or not accept me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment