Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11, 2014

Day 2:

It has been 13 years since the falling of the twin towers. I remember the day they fell. I was in First grade I think. My teacher had gotten a phone call to turn on the news. I watched the second tower fall. I watched the smoke rise and each and every floor collapse on one another. I remember the tears, the way everyone "oohed", the sudden sadness that everyone felt. I will never forget that day. I had the lucky opportunity of going to the memorial in April. April 3, 2014 to be exact. It was probably the most memorable day. The waterfalls were just beyond beautiful, the way the names were engraved and the way the water kept going in a continuous loop in to the middle. I hope that one day my little brother can go and see it. I hope it impacts him the way it impacted me. The way it made my body freeze, and realize that no matter how much time passes, nobody will ever be forgotten. 


No comments:

Post a Comment