Friday, September 12, 2014

September 12, 2014

Day 3:

I used to love to sing. Music used to be my escape for everything. Every time I was mad, or frustrated. However when I was little I sang every song I knew. I used to know every song on every Beatles album. Growing up me and my dad used to listen to the Beatles all the time. The first song he heard after I was born, was "Here comes the sun" By the Beatles. Its my dads ringtone when he calls me. Its the one song I think of when someone says "what reminds you of your dad?".  
I quit choir my junior year of high school. Looking back I wish i had never given it up. But at the same time I am glad I did because it allowed me to really focus in school, and graduate early. 
Today I love country, and hip hop, reggae, rock, etc. Truthfully a little bit of everything except classical and jazz. never been much for those. No matter where I go in life, what happens I will always sing. I will always have music wherever my life takes me. 
For example, when my great grandma passed away, I sang "See you when I see you" By Jason Aldean. When I went to see her grave, I sat and sang to her like she was right there. Watching me sing my heart out like when I was a little girl. I knew she would have been proud. I have thought about trying out for the Voice or American Idol once or twice just to see if I would make it. And know shes watching me and guiding me. But at this point the only thing I can say is whatever happens, happens. If I am meant to be on one of them shows singing my heart out then I will get a sign or something. I am just taking one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment