Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September 10, 2014

Day 1:

I took a trip back to my place of birth. Connecticut. I left in February and stayed til May. I got to spend quality time with family I never get to see. For example, my grandpa on my dads side. He isn't in the best of health. Not in the best shape, and has breathing problems he has to use a breathing machine. Growing up he was probably one of my largest inspirations. When I was little he used to let me paint his toe nails, and dress him up as a princess. We used to garden and cook together. He taught me to make so many things, like: stuffed peppers, strawberry rhubarb pie, stuffed cabbage, and so much more. I worry about him everyday. But I know he is as good as he can be. 
I also got to see my great grandmas grave. She passed away 2 years ago March 4th. She is my biggest inspiration in life. I miss her so much everyday. She didn't get to see me graduate, she didn't get to see me turn 16. She lived in a house on 10 acres of land, had a tree in the front yard with swing on it. She used to sit on a chair in the back yard with her dog Julie, and watch me swing or play tag with my cousins. We always used to cook a ham and cheese bread. We used to walk the yard, and look at flowers. Her favorite was a white daisy. There isn't a day I don't think about her. She is always watching over me and guiding me through my incredibly exciting life. She is my guardian angel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment